Are you thinking of giving your dog CBD oil? CBD oil is a hot topic at the moment for us humans. We always hear people talking about the benefits it can provide. For example, CBD oil is to used to manage migraines, joint pain and even anxiety & stress. joint pain. Even Joe Rogan, my favourite podcaster/comedian is a regular CBD oil user! Kim Kardashian has had CBT-based baby shower – which actually sounds quite cool, unlike some sort of video she made before.
But what does this mean for dogs? Can they use CBD oil and is it safe for them? I will start by saying:
Yes, CBD oil is good for dogs.
We will go into more detail on the reasons behind this statement and what it is good for, but it makes sense to firstly cover what CBD oil is.
What is CBD oil?
CBD (Cannabidiol) oil contains the non-psychoactive component of cannabis, which is used to relieve symptoms. What this means is that you won’t get high or stoned by taking CBD oil, as it doesn’t contain THC – which is the part of marijuana that does a good job of getting you high! And unless you are in Canada, California and some other parts of the world, the use of marijuana is illegal. However, CBD oil is more widely accepted. However, depending on which part of the world you live in, the use of CBD oil may still be illegal, such as Belgium and Slovakia, so it is best to check beforehand. If it’s not legal for you then it won’t be for your dogs!
What is CBD good for in dogs?
Firstly, we would like to say CBD oil is completely safe for dogs as it is non-toxic and also with it containing no THC. If you are in doubt at all, you can always speak to your vet. Many dog owners use CBD oil or tinctures as supplements. According to DailyCBDMag, tinctures are the prefered extraction method for many as it is considered the purest form of CBD oil.
There are a number of benefits that CBD can provide for your dogs, and we will list some of these here
- Anxiety/stress-relief – It is a widely known fact that dogs can suffer from anxiety and CBD oil is considered one great way to treat it naturally. There are several ways to tell if your dog is suffering from anxiety – with the most common signs being excessive panting and pacing.
- Relieves joint pains – Studies have shown CBD is effective to treat chronic pain, such as arthritis and severe joint pains by, for instance, reducing inflammation.
- Helps fight cancer – Firstly, it is important to understand that CBD oil does not cure cancer magically, however, what it can do is help stop or slow down bad cell growth in tumours. What’s more, it can help your dog with the symptoms associated with the illness, such as pain, loss of appetite and seizures.
- Helps dogs with epilepsy – According to Kyro, there has been positive impacts on epileptic dogs and has been validated to become an effective treatment for dogs with such condition.
- Improves metabolism
- Treating diabetes – Diabetes is very common in dogs, and CBD oil can be an effective treatment for the condition, by regulating metabolism.
- Helps overcome obesity – Obesity is again very common in dogs, especially in pugs. These couch potatoes can easily become overweight, causing many health issues as a result. Using CBD can encourage speed up metabolism, maintain a healthy appetite and burn fat.
How much CBD should I give my dog?
There is no one answer-for-all for this question as it depends on a number of different factors, such as your dog’s age, weight, what CBD is used for and which CBD products your dog is using. As CBD is non-toxic and non-addictive and therefore you really can’t overdose on CBD oil. The best thing to do is speak to the CBD oil seller who will be able to give you the recommended dosage of CBD for your dog.
Which CBD oil should I get?
With so much choice of CBD oil for dogs on the market, it can be overwhelming and confusing to pick which one to get. Some of the things to look out for are:
- Always choose organic CBD oil.
- Don’t go for the cheapest on the market. It is normally the case that the higher the quality and the purer it is, the higher the cost.
- Buy from the reputable sellers – who will be able to tell you the product’s certificate of analysis and answer any questions you have and recommend the right type of CBD for your dog.
So is CBD oil good for dogs?
Yes, CBD oil is completely safe for dogs and it can provide so many benefits naturally that no others can. If you have used or currently using CBD oil for your dog, what are your thoughts on this topic? Let us know your experience by leaving a comment below.